Employed by PAGNY for NYC Health + Hospitals/Metropolitan, located on First Avenue & 97th Street in Manhattan, accommodate over 313,000 outpatient visits, nearly 70,000 emergency room visits and more than 13,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with New York Medical College.
Under the direction of a qualified physician, the incumbent will perform technical duties within Radiology. The incumbent is directly involved with a variety of imaging procedure which applies ionizing radiation and other forms of energy. Incumbents may perform additional assignments as required per department. An SPT is an advanced or senior level technologist who performs duties in various modalities (in addition to RT). All SPTs must be independently competent in at least two modalities.
The modalities are as follows:
- Magnetic Resonance (MR)
- Computed Tomography (CT)/Angiography and any other procedure is typically done in the Angiography Suite (IR)
- Valid and current license as a Radiologic Technologist as indicated by the NYS Department of Health
- Completion of an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology
- Must be registered by ARRT to perform CT and/or MRI
- Proficient in all areas of general Radiologic technology, and one other modality
- Must be able to lift or move 50 pounds without assistance
This is an 1199 union position. Benefits will come from 1199.
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
PAGNY has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and, in that spirit, actively encourages applications from groups underrepresented in healthcare
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V