Employed by PAGNY for NYC Health & Hospitals/Jacobi Medical Center; a modern, state-of-the-art, Level 1 Trauma Center located in an attractive and safe residential Bronx neighborhood just 20 minutes north of Manhattan. It is a North Bronx Healthcare Network hospital affiliated with North Central Bronx Hospital and a teaching site and academic affiliate of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. It offers a full continuum of Acute Care Inpatient and Outpatient Services in diverse Medical and Surgical Specialties, including Psychiatry.
The Department of Psychiatry has 89 adult acute inpatient beds, a CPEP, a Consultation-Liaison Service, an Adult Ambulatory Practice, and a Community-Based Assertive Community Treatment Program. The department employs evidenced-based best practices in providing the highest quality care to its patients, in a patient-centered approach that is respectful of their individuality, culture, and community.
Our Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program (CPEP) is a state of the art emergency psychiatry service. The CPEP provides a spectrum of multidisciplinary services designed to meet the needs of our diverse clientele in the most effective and least restrictive manner possible. Our 11,000 square-foot modern service includes separate pediatric and adult waiting areas, patient interview rooms, a patient holding area, and six extended observation beds. The Jacobi CPEP has approximately 700 registrations per month and has an embedded Mobile Crisis Team that makes up to 75 visits per month. Because the Behavioral Healthcare Services Department of Jacobi has large Inpatient, Outpatient and Addiction Services, the patients evaluated in our CPEP are mostly then treated within our continuum of care.
The Attending Psychiatrist is responsible for the provision of cutting edge, comprehensive evidence-based psychiatric care to patients who present to the CPEP.
- Supervision of nurses, social workers, physician’s assistants, students, and others participating in the care of patients
- Completion of comprehensive assessments and treatment plans
- Initiation of treatment for acute and chronic psychiatric and medical illnesses
- Coordination of disposition planning in conjunction with Social Work and Physician Assistant staff
- Documentation of incidents in conjunction with other members of the treatment team
- Distribution of work among physicians and other treatment team members
- Eligible for license in the state of NY
- ABMS Board Certified or Board eligible
- Graduated from ACGME or AOA approved training program
- 2 years of satisfactory full-time paid clinical experience in psychiatric practice.
- Superior clinical, Diagnostic, interpersonal/communication and team-building skills.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Ability to make sound and timely triage, treatment, and disposition decisions
- Ability to coordinate with multiple disciplines in the evaluation and care of patients
Exceptional Benefits include:
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service, with 3% company contribution starting day one
- Choice of a three tiered, starting at FREE medical plans starting day one
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage starting day one
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Occurrence-based Medical Malpractice policy coverage
- An Academic Appointment at AECOM
- Opportunities for Departmental Representation via hospital committee work
- Opportunities for Leadership Education
- Opportunities for Research
Annual Base Salary Range: $236,900 (board eligible) - $247,200 (board certified)
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
PAGNY has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and, in that spirit, actively encourages applications from groups underrepresented in healthcare
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V