|Position type||Regular Full-Time|
200 Construction Way, Flushing, NY 11371
Employed by PAGNY for The Division of Correctional Health Services (CHS) of New York City Health + Hospitals (H+H) is responsible for the delivery of medical care, mental health care, and discharge planning in the jail system. Approximately 25% of new admissions per year to the NYC jail system will receive care on the mental health service. This service strives to provide safe, holistic and evidence-based therapeutic interventions for the diverse range of mental health issues that face the population, from serious mental illness to the natural struggles that accompany incarceration. The service provides some of the most comprehensive and unique treatment modalities in the country, including specialty housing units for individuals with serious mental illness, a 24-hour on-call psychiatric service, robust creative arts programming, a strong DBT training program, clinics in each of the facilities, substance use treatment, integrated re- entry services, and relationships with multiple training institutions throughout the city.
Patient Care Associates (PCAs) work under the direction of a licensed nurse or other medical staff to provide patients with care and support. PCAs perform venipuncture, finger-sticks, HIV Pre and Post Test Counseling, Rapid HIV Testing, responding and assisting with emergencies, various clerical and health-related duties associated with patient care, ADLs, and contributing to the safety, care, and comfort of patients.
- Administer total care (bed bath, partial or complete)
- Assist with patient's personal hygiene including skin care, mouth care, shaving, etc.
- Transfers patients in and out of bed, stretcher, and wheelchair.
- Positions patients and carry out a range of motion exercise
- Prepares patients for meals and assists with feeding as needed
- Assists with unit admission and transfer of patient
- Takes and documents in the electronic medical record all patient's vital signs B/P, TPR, weights, intake, and output 8. Perform EKGs as required and follow outlined procedures for submitting abnormal EKGs
- Perform dry sterile dressing changes and assists with other patient treatment
- Administers hot and cold applications to patients, under supervision
- Perform blood draws and urine testing
- Chaperon staff in all clinical areas when requested
Schedule: Full-Time - 5 Working days, including alternate weekends
Evening Tour: 4pm-12am (VCBC)
*Flexibility to travel to Queens Locations as needed
- A four-year high school diploma or equivalent (GED) required
- NYS Department of Health phlebotomy training program
- Patient Care Associate with EKG Certification
- BCLS Certification and Computer Competency required
Exceptional Benefits include:
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service, with 3% company contribution starting day one
- Choice of a three tiered, starting at FREE medical plans starting day one
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage starting day one
- Generous paid time off program
- Commuter benefits
- Hiring Salary: 46,975.50 annually
For more information about our incredible benefits click here.
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
PAGNY has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and, in that spirit, actively encourages applications from groups underrepresented in healthcare.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V