Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY), for the Department of OBGYN at Jacobi Medical Center and North Central Bronx Hospital, is seeking a Nurse Midwife Liaison. Both facilities are members of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health system in the country, and serve the diverse community in the surrounding neighborhoods of the Bronx and lower Westchester County. Jacobi Medical Center and North Central Bronx Hospital (NCB) are major clinical affiliates and teaching sites of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine and have recently developed a teaching relationship with City University of New York. Jacobi is a 457-bed tertiary referral center with a Level III NICU. NCB is a 232-bed community hospital with a loyal patient following.
This position requires developing relationships with a clinic located in the Parkchester section of the Bronx.
- Provides antepartum, intrapartum, postpartum, neonatal, interconceptional and gynecological care
- Plans and provides health care for women and individuals across the lifespan, and newborn infants
- Establishes a complete database concerning the client through history taking, physical examination and ordering/interpreting appropriate laboratory data/tests
- Provides guidance, and education for clients and families concerning health maintenance, admission and discharge, labor management including physical and emotional support
- Manages labor and birth including delivery of the newborn, utilizes medication and performs procedures
- Provides immediate and the follow-up care of the newborn infant, including circumcision and ongoing assessment and follow-up with the postpartum family
- Seeks medical consultation, co-management and/or referral for clients with medical, obstetric or gynecologic co-morbidities
- Provides contraceptive services and guidance, and evaluation and treatment for minor gynecological conditions
- Day, evening, night and weekend shifts (40 hours per week)
- Licensure as a Midwife by the New York State Education Department – Office of the Professions
- Certification by the American Midwifery Certification Board (AMCB)
- Fluent Bengali language skills preferred
Excellent Benefit Package available!
Annual salary = $120,000.00 - $150,000.00 (based on date of midwifery licensure)
The Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY), a tax-exempt organization affiliated with NYC Health + Hospitals, is one of the largest physician groups in New York State and directly employs nearly 4,000 physicians and allied health professionals who serve seven of New York City’s public hospitals, numerous public health clinics, and the city’s Correctional Health Service.
PAGNY has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and, in that spirit, actively encourages applications from groups underrepresented in healthcare.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V