Employed by PAGNY for NYC Health + Hospitals/Metropolitan, located on First Avenue & 97th Street in Manhattan, accommodate over 313,000 outpatient visits, nearly 70,000 emergency room visits and more than 13,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with New York Medical College.
Metropolitan Hospital has a Level III NICU with 15 beds.
- Caring for newborn infants until they are ready to go home.
- Providing prenatal care for high-risk infants.Assisting in premature or problematic deliveries, and helping if complications arise or if medical attention is necessary immediately after birth.
- Caring for infants' nutrition to ensure optimal growth and development, and finding alternative ways to feed infants who struggle to suckle.
- Assisting with medications and treating infants born with infections or who contract infections after birth.
- Performing heart-lung bypass procedures for infants with breathing difficulties due to underdeveloped or damaged hearts and lungs.
- Providing support to parents and helping them to understand and make decisions regarding their infant's condition and treatment.
- Ensuring parents have sufficient opportunities to bond with their infants.
- Board Certification or Neonatology
- Possess or eligible for a New York State Medical License
- Cultural sensitivity to a diverse and under-served patient population
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination required prior to hire
Exceptional Benefits include:
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service, with 3% company contribution starting day one
- Choice of a three tiered, starting at FREE medical plans starting day one
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage starting day one
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Occurrence-based Medical Malpractice policy coverage
- Salary Amount or Range: $182,687.00 - $189,148.00
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
PAGNY has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and, in that spirit, actively encourages applications from groups underrepresented in healthcare
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V