|Position type||Regular Full-Time|
200 Construction Way, Flushing, NY 11371
Employed by PAGNY for The Division of Correctional Health Services (CHS) of New York City Health + Hospitals (H+H) is responsible for the delivery of medical care, mental health care, and discharge planning in the jail system. Approximately 25% of new admissions per year to the NYC jail system will receive care on the mental health service. This service strives to provide safe, holistic and evidence-based therapeutic interventions for the diverse range of mental health issues that face the population, from serious mental illness to the natural struggles that accompany incarceration. The service provides some of the most comprehensive and unique treatment modalities in the country, including specialty housing units for individuals with serious mental illness, a 24-hour on-call psychiatric service, robust creative arts programming, a strong DBT training program, clinics in each of the facilities, substance use treatment, integrated re- entry services, and relationships with multiple training institutions throughout the city.
Schedule: 5 days per week, including alternate weekends: 4pm - 12am (GRVC)
Nurses work in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team to provide patients with care, education, and support. LPNs participate in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care, based on the objectives, standards, and policies of practical nursing. LPNs work under the direction of a Registered Nurse and/or Physician:
- Provides basic bedside care
- Maintains a comfortable, orderly, safe, and clean environment for patients
- Measures & records patients' vital signs (such as height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse, and respiration)
- Assists with bathing, dressing, and personal hygiene of the patient
- Prepares and gives injections and enemas
- Monitors catheters
- Records food/fluid input/output
- Dresses wounds
- Assists with bed positioning, standing and walking of patients
- Collects samples of blood and/or urine for testing
- Performs routine laboratory tests as directed by the supervisor
- Prepares and administers (orally, subcutaneously, through an IV) and records prescribed medications.
- Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments in accordance with the policy regarding the administration of medications by an LPN.
- Assists in relevant health teaching for patient
- Records all care information concisely, accurately, and completely, in a timely manner in the appropriate format, and on the appropriate forms/templates
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned, depending on the assignment setting
- Start intravenous fluids
- Direct care provided by nursing aides
- Floats among various clinical services, where qualified
- Upholds HIPAA regulations
- Responding to/addressing medical emergencies, such as falls, heart attacks, strokes, and burns as well as recovering post-operative patients.
- Provide clinically appropriate care as directed by the Registered Nurse and/or Physician.
- When clinically indicated, provide care, such as CPR, AED, prevent shock, control severe bleeding, prevent spinal damage, etc.
- Monitor patients' condition and keep it stable while en route to the clinic.
- Aid in the preparation of the transfer of patients by Urgicare and/or EMS to the emergency units or hospitals.
- Document the medical treatment that is given to the patient.
- Keep the equipment clean after use; check and replace damaged and used supplies.
- Collaborate with the pharmacy to replenish supplies.
- Ability to lift fifty (50) pounds.
- Moving, lifting, or transferring patients may involve lifting up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Fine motor skills.
- Visual acuity.
- Graduate of an accredited LPN program
- Current LPN license, in good standing with the state licensing board
- Minimum of one year LPN experience preferred
- Required credentials current on file
Exceptional Benefits include:
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service, with 3% company contribution starting day one
- Choice of a three tiered, starting at FREE medical plans starting day one
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage starting day one
- Generous paid time off program
- Commuter benefits
- Hiring Salary: $65,052 - $69,693 annually
For more information about our incredible benefits click here.
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
PAGNY has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and, in that spirit, actively encourages applications from groups underrepresented in healthcare.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V