NYC Health + Hospitals/South Brooklyn Health (formerly Coney Island Hospital), located in Southern Brooklyn, accommodates more than 250,000 outpatient visits, more than 89,000 emergency room visits, and with 371 beds, more than 15,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains a strong academic affiliation with SUNY Downstate Medical Center and New York College of Osteopathic Medicine in order to maintain its high standards of healthcare delivery.
We are recruiting for a full time Chief Quality Officer to lead vision, strategy and implementation of Quality, Patient Safety, Risk, and Regulatory/Accreditation activities across the facility.
• Collaboratively set the vision and strategy for Quality and Safety for the facility with leadership and frontline staff• Lead the Quality programs at the facility and lead employee education, growth, mentorship, and development around Quality and Leadership• Provide support to the H+H Central Office Director of Quality Management (QM) to perform QM activities • Lead performance improvement activities across the facility• Responsible for annual Performance Improvement Plans and Ensure facility and system-wide learning around Performance Improvement• Support the Patient Safety Officer with the facility Patient Safety committee • Serve as an executive sponsor to Root Cause Analysis (RCA) activities and execution of Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) and work collaboratively with Risk Manager on risk reduction strategies• Serve as an executive sponsor to continuous readiness efforts for regulatory body surveys including tracers, mock surveys, and creation and implementation of Plans of Correction• Chart abstraction and Quality data submission to regulatory bodies including NYS DOH, NYC DOH, CMS, TJC• Oversee quality data analytics and reporting activities to support Quality Assurance, Performance Improvement, Patient Safety, Risk Management, and Regulatory & Accreditation efforts• Clinical responsibilities within specialty area.
- Physician (MD/DO) with NYS License and Current Registration
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) preferred
- Strong leadership and change management skills
- Superior organizational, planning, and project management skills
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical and/or administrative experience
- Deep understanding of Quality Assurance, Performance Improvement, Risk Management, Regulatory & Accreditation, Care Experience, Healthcare Administration, Data & Reporting, Policy, Leadership, and Education
Exceptional Benefits Include:
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service, with 3% company contribution starting day one
- Choice of a three tiered, starting at FREE medical plans starting day one
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage starting day one
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Occurrence-based Medical Malpractice policy coverage
- Annual salary = $279,750.00
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
PAGNY has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and, in that spirit, actively encourages applications from groups underrepresented in healthcare.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V