Employed by PAGNY for NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County, located in the heart of Brooklyn, accommodates more than 518,076 outpatient visits, more than 141,328 emergency room visits, and with 627 beds, more than 25,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains a strong academic affiliation with SUNY Downstate Medical Center in order to maintain its high standards of healthcare delivery.
Kings County is located in the East Flatbush/Prospect-Lefferts section of Brooklyn, close to the 2 and 5 subways. Our patients are diverse, with the majority being Afro-Caribbean. Most of our patients are native English speakers. Knowledge of French/Haitian Creole is helpful, but not required.
PAGNY is seeking a Chief of Service in the Otolaryngology department for Kings County Hospital in Brooklyn.Key Responsibilities Include:
- Leadership and managerial abilities are essential including personnel, finance, quality and clinical resource management; maturity in clinical practice in area of specialty is preferred
- Establishes mechanisms for orientating and providing in-service training and continuing education for allpersons in Department.
- Recommends space and other resources needed by the Department in order to maintain a satisfactorylevel of care.
- Develop, maintain and update Department Policies and Procedures.
- Act affirmatively to promote the best interests of the Employer, the Hospital and the Hospital’s patients
- Perform all responsibilities at a level of competence that is recognized as acceptable by the Employer(PAGNY), New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation, and the communities served by this Hospital, inaccordance with applicable Hospital Governing Policies, relevant third-party payors’ requirements, andrelevant state and federal laws and regulations
- Demonstrate appropriate professionalism (as defined by the Medical Director and the management andgovernance of PAGNY) in all leadership and clinical activities.
- A current, valid and unrestricted license to practice medicine in accordance with the laws of the State of New York ; a valid DEA registration
- Board Certification in the appropriate board specialty
- Active, unrestricted NYS license, or the ability to obtain one
- Experience working with culturally diverse or under-served patient populations preferred
Exceptional Benefits Include:
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service, with 3% company contribution starting day one
- Choice of a three tiered, starting at FREE medical plans starting day one
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage starting day one
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Occurrence-based Medical Malpractice policy coverage
- Annual Salary: $328,000.00
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
PAGNY has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and, in that spirit, actively encourages applications from groups underrepresented in healthcare
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V