Employed by PAGNY for NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi, located in the Bronx, accommodates more than 325,000 outpatient visits, more than 100,000 emergency room visits and more than 20,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital is renowned for The Trauma Center, staffed to treat any traumatic injury or illness, the fully accredited Breast Health Center, and The Burn Center, with more than 40 years of work in burn care. The hospital also serves patients of many other needs. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with Albert Einstein Medical College.
Employed by PAGNY for NYC Health + Hospitals/North Central Bronx handle more than 156,000 outpatient visits, more than 50,000 emergency room visits and more than 7,500 admissions annually in the 232-bed facility. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with the James J. Peters VA Medical Center.
Direct, oversee, manage and evaluate all aspects of clinical services and medical education provided by members of the Department to deliver accredited medical services that meet all medical standards required by law; perform full range of administrative/operational responsibilities to ensure the efficient achievement of departmental goals and effective delivery of medical care to patients and the community at large, in conjunction with the Chief Medical Officer, the Executive leadership of the facility and the HHC Board of Directors.
The Chief of Service is identified as the leader of the department. Today, the leader is challenged to help his/her department to evolve. Medicine is changing and while we continue the search for new pharmaceutical and technological advances to improve care, it has become critical that we examine and improve the delivery of care. The Chief of Service will be actively engaged in the measurement and management of quality and safety and leading the advances in the delivery of the Triple Aim. The Triple Aim, as articulated by CMS, is to simultaneously deliver better quality of care, better health for the population that we serve and to do this at lower cost.
- Set expectations, monitor, document, and manage the performance of all clinical staff who report to this position.
- Promote personal and departmental knowledge and skill development in Breakthrough and participate in Breakthrough Events.
- Exercise responsibility for such other Departmental duties including, but not limited to, making recommendations for the granting of Medical Staff privileges, and the appointment and reappointment of Medical Staff, as set forth in the Regulations including, but not limited to, Joint Commission standards.
- Provide such assistance and support to the Chief Medical Officer as is reasonably necessary to enable the Medical Director to perform his or her responsibilities at the Facility.
- Reports to the Medical Director, with respect to the performance of the Contract Services Providers under your direction and supervision; represent your appointed specialty area(s) in a medical advisory capacity to the Corporation and the Chief Medical Officer; cooperate with the Corporation with respect to the purchase of supplies and equipment and the development of capital projects; and formulate special policies and procedures and techniques.
- Design, implement and manage policies, systems and processes within the department to ensure the efficient and effective achievement of established goals.
- Recruit and retain sufficient staff to meet the needs of our patients including 24 x 7 x 365 coverage of both inpatients and patients seeking care in the Emergency Department.
- Participate as requested in setting the strategic direction for New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation (“HHC”) and promoting the interests of their respective health care facility, community and patients.
- Translate strategic direction into a clear set of performance goals and priorities for the department, including relevant productivity and efficiency targets.
- For Chiefs of Service in service lines, collaborates with the service line administrator and nursing leader to develop and accomplish specific objectives designed to achieve the strategic goals of the health care facility.
- Participate in system-wide HHC specialty leadership as designated by HHC’s Chief Medical Officer and approved by the Executive Director and Chief Medical Officer.
- Promotes and maintains high quality student, graduate and continuing medical education programs within the department. Provides supervision and oversight of all medical training and where necessary, promotes linkages with graduate medical education programs at other institutions.
- Assure appropriate support and mentorship for physicians new to the department and/or new to clinical practice.
- Comply with all applicable state or federal laws, regulations or rules and policies of HHC.
- Submit the health care facility’s information with respect to the provision of Contract Services within your appointed specialty area and make recommendations, where requested, for improving those Contract Services.
- Provide direct clinical care to patients as designated by the Chief Medical Officer.
- Function as role model to departmental staff in the implementation of TeamSTEPPS to foster teamwork.
- Create and foster a culture of patient safety through effective and clear communication strategies as well as through the application of Just Culture principles.
- Assume fiduciary responsibilities within the departmental structure set by the Senior Vice President, the Executive Director and the Chief Medical Officer. These responsibilities include identifying the need to increase and decrease clinical and support staff according to need, and to maximize efficiency of departmental services, creating revenue generating opportunities, and reducing waste.
- Foster the academic development of the Department members
- Participate with the Hospital in the development and implementation of mechanisms and measures to optimize the appropriate utilization of medical services, quality assurance and patient satisfaction at the Hospital
- Participate in Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY)’s leadership through local governance council and, if selected, potential participation on the PAGNY governing board.
- Participate in other related responsibilities as assigned by the Employer, the Executive Director and/or the Medical Director of the Hospital.
- Professional Standards
- Act affirmatively to promote the best interests of the Employer, the Hospital and the Hospital’s patients
- Perform all responsibilities at a level of competence that is recognized as acceptable by the Employer (PAGNY), New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation, and the communities served by this Hospital, in accordance with applicable Hospital Governing Policies, relevant third party payors’ requirements, and relevant state and federal laws and regulations
- Demonstrate appropriate professionalism (as defined by the Medical Director and the management and governance of PAGNY) in all leadership and clinical activities
- A current, valid and unrestricted NY state license
- Valid DEA registration
Board Certified in Radiology
- Status as a provider in good standing in the Medicare and Medicaid programs
- In good standing with the Hospital’s Medical Staff with appropriate privileges granted in accordance with the usual procedures of the Hospital
- Demonstrated leadership and managerial abilities are essential including personnel, finance, quality and clinical resource management
- Maturity in clinical practice in area of specialty is preferred.
Exceptional Benefits Include:
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service, with 3% company contribution starting day one
- Choice of a three tiered, starting at FREE medical plans starting day one
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage starting day one
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Occurrence-based Medical Malpractice policy coverage
- Annual Based Salary: $550,000-$575,000
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
PAGNY has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and, in that spirit, actively encourages applications from groups underrepresented in healthcare
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V