Employed by PAGNY for NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County, Kings County Hospital operates a world-renowned Level 1 Trauma Center, one of only three in Brooklyn, which serves 2.6 million residents of Brooklyn and Staten Island. The hospital is academically affiliated with SUNY Downstate Medical Center and trains their medical students and OBGYN residents.
Kings County is located in the East Flatbush/Prospect-Lefferts section of Brooklyn, close to the 2 and 5 subways. Our patients are diverse, with the majority being Afro-Caribbean. Most of our patients are native English speakers. Knowledge of French/Haitian Creole is helpful, but not required.
We are looking for a full time Neurologist to run the EMG Laboratory and improvide the quality of care for patients at NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County by providing excellent EMGs and Neuromuscular Care including conditions such as myasthernia gravis and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
- Clinical and Administrative Director of the EEG Laboratory including supervision of EEG Technicians and EEG Attendings
- Clinical evaluation and management of patients on the Neurology Inpatient Services including Stroke and General Neurology and admissions, consultations, and stroke codes
- Clinical evaluation and management of patients on the Neurology and admissions, consultations, and stroke codes
- EEG reading - including conventional EEGs, continuous EEGs, rapid application EEGs, and potentially epilepsy monitoring
- Participate in teaching activities of Medical Students, Residents, and Fellows
- Participate in the performance improvement activities of the Neurology Department
- Participate in Neurology Service goals including QAPI
- Board Certified in Neurology and Clinical Neurophysicology - Epilepsy
- Current NYS license
- At least three years experience as a attending Physician
- Valid DEA
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Salary: $269,216
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
PAGNY has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and, in that spirit, actively encourages applications from groups underrepresented in healthcare
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V