Surgeon - Urology
|Position type||Regular Full-Time|
1400 Pelham Parkway South
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals’ wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi, located in the Bronx, accommodates more than 325,000 outpatient visits, more than 100,000 emergency room visits and more than 20,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital is renowned for The Trauma Center, staffed to treat any traumatic injury or illness, the fully accredited Breast Health Center, and The Burn Center, with more than 40 years of work in burn care. The hospital also serves patients of many other needs. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with Albert Einstein Medical College of Yeshiva University.
Purpose of Position:The Attending Physician, under the general direction of the Chief of Service or designee, is responsible for the provision of professional general or specialty medical work of ordinary difficulty. In collaboration with internal stakeholders, the Attending Physician is responsible for the planning, coordination, delivery, and management of comprehensive healthcare services. The Physician is also immediately responsible for the supervision of advanced practice providers, technicians, and other providers; and generally coordinates a multispecialty team.
Functions/Responsibilities: 1. Functions independently to complete history and physical data on patients, performs complete physical exams, and interprets and integrates data to determine appropriate diagnosis and treatment plan.2. Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to patient needs.3. Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities.4. Collaborates, educates, and supervises Advance Practice Providers (APP’s) in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients.5. Provides medical care in high-functional setting. Responsible for all patient interactions within area of service. May manage both acute and chronic conditions.
6. Collaborates with multi-specialty colleagues, working as an integral part of a world-class health system.
7. Functions independently to complete history and physical data on patients.
8. Performs complete physical exams, if necessary, or completes physical exams to the extent of what is medically necessary in the normal course of treatment for a specific patients’ treatment.
9. Coordinates and manages assigned panel of patient care across assigned level of service such as emergency, primary, inpatient, specialty, clinic, dental, mental health, substance abuse, home care, and all other covered services.
10. Maintains a work schedule that may include evenings and weekends, in order to ensure the continuity of care for the department, setting, and/or network.
11. May share responsibility with other providers such as other Attending Physicians, Physician Assistants, and Nurse Practitioners.
12. May perform other duties, as assigned.
- Licensed to practice medicine in the State of New York
- Board Certified or Eligible in specialty, if necessary.
- Proficient use of Electronic Medical Record System (EMR), such as Epic.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) required.
- High attention to detail. Ability to maintain high standards despite pressing deadlines.
- Ability to work well under pressure, adapt to unexpected events, prioritize and multi-task in a deadline driven environment.
- Must be able to prioritize a variety of time sensitive tasks. Consistently display the highest degree of integrity, professionalism, diplomacy and discretion.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V