Employed by PAGNY for NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi, located in the Bronx, accommodates more than 325,000 outpatient visits, more than 100,000 emergency room visits and more than 20,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital is renowned for The Trauma Center, staffed to treat any traumatic injury or illness, the fully accredited Breast Health Center, and The Burn Center, with more than 40 years of work in burn care. The hospital also serves patients of many other needs. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with Albert Einstein Medical College.
- Functions independently to complete history and physical data on patients, performs complete physical exams, and interprets and integrates data to determine appropriate diagnosis and treatment plan.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to patient needs.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities.
- Collaborates, educates, and supervises Advance Practice Providers (APP’s) in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients.
- Provides medical care in high-functional setting. Responsible for all patient interactions within area of service. May manage both acute and chronic conditions.
- Collaborates with multi-specialty colleagues, working as an integral part of a world-class health system.
- Functions independently to complete history and physical data on patients.
- Performs complete physical exams, if necessary, or completes physical exams to the extent of what is medically necessary in the normal course of treatment for a specific patients’ treatment.
- Coordinates and manages assigned panel of patient care across assigned level of service such as emergency, primary, inpatient, specialty, clinic, dental, mental health, substance abuse, home care, and all other covered services.
- Maintains a work schedule that may include evenings and weekends, in order to ensure the continuity of care for the department, setting, and/or network.
- May share responsibility with other providers such as other Attending Physicians, Physician Assistants, and Nurse Practitioners.
- May perform other duties, as assigned.
- NY State Medical License
- Board Certified or Eligible in specialty.
Exceptional Benefits Include:
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service, with 3% company contribution starting day one
- Choice of a three tiered, starting at FREE medical plans starting day one
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage starting day one
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Occurrence-based Medical Malpractice policy coverage
- Annual Salary: $329,600.00
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
PAGNY has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and, in that spirit, actively encourages applications from groups underrepresented in healthcare
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V