|Position type||Regular Full-Time|
200 Construction Way, Flushing, NY 11371
Employed by PAGNY for The Division of Correctional Health Services (CHS) of New York City Health + Hospitals (H+H) is responsible for the delivery of medical care, mental health care, and discharge planning in the jail system. Approximately 25% of new admissions per year to the NYC jail system will receive care on the mental health service. This service strives to provide safe, holistic and evidence-based therapeutic interventions for the diverse range of mental health issues that face the population, from serious mental illness to the natural struggles that accompany incarceration. The service provides some of the most comprehensive and unique treatment modalities in the country, including specialty housing units for individuals with serious mental illness, a 24-hour on-call psychiatric service, robust creative arts programming, a strong DBT training program, clinics in each of the facilities, substance use treatment, integrated re- entry services, and relationships with multiple training institutions throughout the city .
Schedule: Monday - Friday: 2pm-10pm
- Verify New admissions methadone program (or Suboxone) participation, dosage and last date of medication as per policy and procedure.
- Screen and assess all eligible candidates for KEEP program and admit to the program when appropriate.
- Complete all required documentation including treatment plans in a timely fashion.
- Assist Site Medical Directors (SMD) and physicians in implementing and maintaining the appropriate KEEP Protocol.
- Provided patient counseling as needed.
- Conduct patient interviews and rounds in housing areas when applicable Monitor's patient's daily participation, coordinate medication renewals and provide individual counseling around substance abuse and crisis intervention concerns. Ensure patient has the appropriate discharge plan including referrals to an outpatient programs. Attend and participate in team meetings
- NYS Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) Certification preferred
- Understanding Eletronic Health Record
- Computer Literacy
Exceptional Benefits include:
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service, with 3% company contribution starting day one
- Choice of a three tiered, starting at FREE medical plans starting day one
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage starting day one
- Generous paid time off program
- Healthcare FSA and Dependent FSA
- Salary: $59,882.00 annually
For more information about our incredible benefits click here.
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
PAGNY has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and, in that spirit, actively encourages applications from groups underrepresented in healthcare.
This position will require a background check, security clearance and/or drug screening. PAGNY is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V