|Position type||Regular Part-Time|
200 Construction Way, Flushing, NY 11371
Employed by PAGNY for The Division of Correctional Health Services (CHS) of New York City Health + Hospitals (H+H) is responsible for the delivery of medical care, mental health care, and discharge planning in the jail system. Approximately 25% of new admissions per year to the NYC jail system will receive care on the mental health service. This service strives to provide safe, holistic and evidence-based therapeutic interventions for the diverse range of mental health issues that face the population, from serious mental illness to the natural struggles that accompany incarceration. The service provides some of the most comprehensive and unique treatment modalities in the country, including specialty housing units for individuals with serious mental illness, a 24-hour on-call psychiatric service, robust creative arts programming, a strong DBT training program, clinics in each of the facilities, substance use treatment, integrated re- entry services, and relationships with multiple training institutions throughout the city.
CHS is seeking a physician to provide telehealth clinical care and triage as well as other medical services for our patients. CHS currently uses telehealth technology to expand the reach of well trained and skilled physicians. The infrastructure has been used successfully during new admission evaluations of patients entering the jail system, for specialty consultation with affiliated institutions, and for consultation with emergency trained physicians, among other uses. CHS is looking to expand the reach of generalist telehealth physicians to better support front-line nursing staff throughout the jails. Such telehealth work will include medical evaluations, ordering medication, review and ordering of laboratory and diagnostic tests, and making necessary referrals, as appropriate. A strong candidate will have comfort working with interdisciplinary teams, have strong clinical knowledge and communication skills, be interested and involved in developing sustainable systems to improve patient care, understand social determinants of health and structural barriers to care, and have an interest in problem solving complicated logistical and clinical scenarios.
- Medical doctor with 3 to 5 years of directly related experience preffered
- Registered to practice medicine in the State of New York and have Federal DEA, BCLS or ACLS, and Infection Control Certification, Medical Specialty License or Certification
- Telehealth experience preferred
- Experience working within interdisciplinary teams preferred
- Superior communication skills preferred
- Experience developing systems-based solutions or conducting oversite of clinical care preferred.
Exceptional Benefits include:
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service, with 3% company contribution starting day one
- Choice of a three tiered, starting at FREE medical plans starting day one
- Excellent dental insurance
- Generous paid time off program
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Occurrence-based Medical Malpractice policy coverage
- Hiring salary: $205,000 - $215,000 annually
For more information about our incredible benefits Click here.
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
PAGNY has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and, in that spirit, actively encourages applications from groups underrepresented in healthcare.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V