Senior Occupational Therapist
|Position type||Regular Part-Time|
1400 Pelham Parkway South
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals’ wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi, located in the Bronx, accommodates more than 325,000 outpatient visits, more than 100,000 emergency room visits and more than 20,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital is renowned for The Trauma Center, staffed to treat any traumatic injury or illness, the fully accredited Breast Health Center, and The Burn Center, with more than 40 years of work in burn care. The hospital also serves patients of many other needs. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with Albert Einstein Medical College of Yeshiva University.
PAGNY has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and, in that spirit, actively encourages applications from groups underrepresented in healthcare.
Under the guidance and/or supervision of a supervisor, the Senior Occupational Therapist is responsible for administering occupational therapy techniques in the hospital setting.
This is a Part time senior Occupational Therapist position. The position will be 2 days a week with choice of establishing a schedule on Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Mondays. Must have an interest in treating patients on bedside and or acute rehab occupational therapy service.
To be responsible for supervising staff occupational therapist(s) or a certified occupational therapy assistant working on the same service. Also may be responsible for supervising an occupational therapy rehabilitation technician or volunteer assigned to occupational therapy.
- To keep an accurate count of daily and monthly statistics, completing applicable statistical forms as required by the facility and the Occupational Therapy department.
- To be responsible for writing initial evaluation, re-evaluation, progress, and discharge notes on each assigned patient.
- To attend and report at meetings and conferences pertinent to the service on which (s)he is assigned, making recommendations to the physicians where appropriate.
- To communicate regularly with physiatrists, other physicians and health professionals regarding the function of occupational therapy.
- To keep abreast of current occupational therapy theory, procedures, media and literature, attending appropriate workshops to maintain and increase age-appropriate occupational therapy skills.
- To be responsible for requesting the Director of Occupational Therapy to order supplies and/or equipment; and, to suggest procedural alterations for better functioning of Occupational Therapy.
A degree in Occupational Therapy and initial certification as an Occupational Therapist.
Two (2) years of relevant experience.
New York State license in Occupational Therapy from the New York State Education Department.
Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required prior to hire