Employed by PAGNY for NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi, located in the Bronx, accommodates more than 325,000 outpatient visits, more than 100,000 emergency room visits and more than 20,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital is renowned for The Trauma Center, staffed to treat any traumatic injury or illness, the fully accredited Breast Health Center, and The Burn Center, with more than 40 years of work in burn care. The hospital also serves patients of many other needs. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with Albert Einstein Medical College of Yeshiva University.
We are currently recruiting for a per diem Physician Assistant to help with coverage at our Plastic Surgery department.
The position of the Physician Assistant consists of providing advanced evidenced-based care and treatment to patients including but not limited to the following:
• Performing history and physical examinations • Ordering diagnostic tests based on assessments • Developing treatment plans • Prescribing drugs and other therapies • Making referrals as necessary • Documenting findings in the electronic medical record • Consulting with supervising medical provider when appropriate • Counseling patients and families regarding care • Reviewing and responding to referrals from within and outside the clinic • Maintaining patient confidentiality
- Master's and/or Bachelor's Degree
- Physician Assistant certification/license.
- Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant education program.\
- Current NYS registration as a Physician Assistant.
- Current certification issued by the NCCPA.
- Must have proven ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be ACLS/BLS certified.
- Salary : $85/hr
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
PAGNY has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and, in that spirit, actively encourages applications from groups underrepresented in healthcare
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V