Employed by PAGNY for NYC Health + Hospitals/South Brooklyn Health (formerly Coney Island Hospital), located in Southern Brooklyn, accommodates more than 250,000 outpatient visits, more than 89,000 emergency room visits, and with 371 beds, more than 15,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains a strong academic affiliation with SUNY Downstate Medical Center and New York College of Osteopathic Medicine in order to maintain its high standards of healthcare delivery.
We are seeking a full time Physician Assistant to work in our Ambulatory Care Clinic
Daytime Flexible schedule-New Grads Welcome!
- Attend to Ambulatory Care clinics for both adult primary care and internal medicine specialties
- Perform history and physical examinations
- Order diagnostic tests based on assessments, Develop treatment plans and prescribe drugs and other therapies as needed
- Consult with supervising medical provider when appropriate
- Counsel patients and families regarding care
- Review and respond to referrals from within and outside the clinic
- Precept, evaluate and mentor physician assistant students rotating through the assigned clinics as needed
- Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant education program
- DEA License
- Current NYS registration as a Physician Assistant
- Current certification issued by the NCCPA
- Cultural sensitivity to a diverse and under-served patient population
- Must have proven ability to work in a team environment
- Spanish OR Mandarin speaking preferred but not required.
Exceptional Benefits include:
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service, with 3% company contribution starting day one
- Choice of a three tiered, starting at FREE medical plans starting day one
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage starting day one
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Occurrence-based Medical Malpractice policy coverage
- Salary Range : $120,000-$160,000
For more information about our incredible benefits click here
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
PAGNY has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and, in that spirit, actively encourages applications from groups underrepresented in healthcare
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V