Employed by PAGNY for NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County, Kings County Hospital operates a world-renowned Level 1 Trauma Center, one of only three in Brooklyn, which serves 2.6 million residents of Brooklyn and Staten Island. The hospital is academically affiliated with SUNY Downstate Medical Center and trains their medical students and OBGYN residents.
Kings County is located in the East Flatbush/Prospect-Lefferts section of Brooklyn, close to the 2 and 5 subways. Our patients are diverse, with the majority being Afro-Caribbean. Most of our patients are native English speakers. Knowledge of French/Haitian Creole is helpful, but not required.
The Pediatric is responsible for providing pediatric ambulatory patient care for the patients of Kings County Hospital Center:
Responsibilities include caring for patients in the pediatric inpatient unit as well as the well-baby nursery with access to subspecialists, a neonatal intensive care unit and pediatric critical care unit. No delivery attendance or overnight shifts are required.
Ideal candidates will display a passion for teaching residents and medical students as well as an interest in contributing to the department’s scholarly activity through research or quality improvement.
We are the primary clerkship site for medical students from SUNY Downstate College of Medicine and students from St. Georges School of Medicine. The position comes with an opportunity for an academic appointment as well as an opportunity to be a core member faculty for our fully-accredited Pediatric Hospital Medicine fellowship.
With appropriate experience the candidate may also be considered for the position of the Director of Inpatient service which would include some administrative time. For that Board certification in Pediatrics with Board eligibility or certification in PHM would be necessary.
- Board Certification or Eligibility in Pediatrics
- Possess or eligible for a New York State Medical License
- Graduated of an approved Medical School
- Clinical experience as a pediatric hospitalist or completion of a PHM fellowship
Exceptional Benefits include:
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service, with 3% company contribution starting day one
- Choice of a three tiered, starting at FREE medical plans starting day one
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage starting day one
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Occurrence-based Medical Malpractice policy coverage
- Salary Range - $205,000 - $210,000
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
PAGNY has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and, in that spirit, actively encourages applications from groups underrepresented in healthcare
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V