Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals’ wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi, located in the Bronx, accommodates more than 325,000 outpatient visits, more than 100,000 emergency room visits and more than 20,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital is renowned for The Trauma Center, staffed to treat any traumatic injury or illness, the fully accredited Breast Health Center, and The Burn Center, with more than 40 years of work in burn care. The hospital also serves patients of many other needs. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with Albert Einstein Medical College of Yeshiva University.
NYC Health + Hospitals/North Central Bronx handle more than 156,000 outpatient visits, more than 50,000 emergency room visits and more than 7,500 admissions annually in the 232-bed facility. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with theJames J. Peters VA Medical Center.
PAGNY has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and, in that spirit, actively encourages applications from groups underrepresented in healthcare.
- Perform and record patient's chief complaint, history of present illness, medical history, ophthalmic history, medications used, allergies, corrected and uncorrected vision, lensomctry, aulorcfraclion and manifest refraction for distance and near and other techniques utilized in ophthalmic treatment in the patient's medical record consistent with HCFA guidelines.
- Perform automated visual field testing for all physicians and consultants, as well as maintain records of all field testing for physician evaluation.
- Perform slit lamp and external photography and maintain accurate documentation of progression or regression of anterior segment and external eye disease.
- Maintain photographs by hard copy or electronically for medical, legal, teaching and publication puqioses.
- Perform posterior segment imaging with current technologies available in the
- institutions and maintain records by hard copy or electronically for medical, legal, leaching and publication pnrposes.
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, stock and supplies. Monitor availability of sterile instruments in the clinic and assure equipment is sent to, and returned from, Central Supply. Monitor equipment function and reports any problems to appropriate supervisor. Maintain the cleanliness of the examination rooms and equipment, as well as the stock rooms.
- Assist Attending physicians and residents with case presentations and publications.
- Assist Attending physicians and residents in scheduling of patients for ophthalmic surgical procedures and preoperative testing, including, but not limited to, calling patients to remind them of upcoming appointments as well as following up on and rescheduling missed appointments and medical clearances. Perform other related visual testing and duties as assigned
- Become familiar with new technologies and equipment as they become available and demonstrate competence after appropriate training
- Four year high school diploma
- Valid cardio-pulmonary resuscitation certification
- Valid certification from the Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology (JCAHPO) as a Certified Ophthalmic Assistant or valid certification within 2 years of appointment lo the title
Competitive compensation package
10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
Generous paid time off program
Proof of Covid -19 vaccination required prior to hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V