In partnership with NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County our teams accommodate more than 518,076 outpatient visits, more than 141,328 emergency room visits, and with 627 beds, more than 25,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains a strong academic affiliation with SUNY Downstate Medical Center in order to maintain its high standards of healthcare delivery.
Kings County is located in the East Flatbush/Prospect-Lefferts section of Brooklyn, close to the 2 and 5 subways. Our patients are diverse, with the majority being afro-Caribbean. Most of our patients are native English speakers. Knowledge of French/Haitian Creole is helpful, but not required.
PAGNY has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and, in that spirit, actively encourages applications from groups underrepresented in healthcare.
Under medical supervision, responsible for administration organization and supervision as pertains to the delivery of occupational therapy services in Adult Rehab inpatient Acute Care m the Hospital and Outpatient Services evaluates patients assigned for treatment by supervisor complete the Initial evaluation and report Including the setting of short term and long term goals of treatment, establishes the treatment program and plan renders treatment as determined, re-evaluates at appropriate intervals and makes the necessary modifications to the treatment plan. Responsible to the Supervising Therapist for OT/PT in Rehab Medicine for the non-medical aspects of delivery of occupational therapy services
- Responsible for the re-assessment, treatment of patients in assigned areas, with maintenance of all records pertinent to treatment. This includes the delivery of occupational therapy services, participating in interviews
- Responsible for recommending orthotics, assistive devices, and discharges of patients from school-age through geriatrics
- Evaluates patients assigned for treatment Completes the Initial evaluation and report, including setting short and long-term goals treatment and documents patient's report in his/her medical record Renders treatment as determined Re-evaluates at appropriate intervals and makes the necessary modifications.
- Maintains records of patients progress and renders written reports at established intervals
- Establishes and maintains treatment schedule for assigned patients. attends conferences, meetings and program rounds
- Consults with medical staff regarding recommended therapy services and attends evaluation conferences and makes rounds to discuss progress of patients and problems relating to therapy
- Requests equipment and supplies, maintaining inventory of patient care related items and department supplies
- Prepares summaries of patients status for presentation at appropriate conferences and meetings
- Participates In staff meetings, in-services, educational programs and other activities
- With experience, supervises and evaluates O T students, technicians and volunteers
- Graduate of an accredited Bachelor's program in Occupational Therapy - Master's Degree is preferred.
- A current NYS License to practice as a Staff Occupational Therapist.
Competitive compensation package
10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
Generous paid time off program
Salary - Minimum: $85,041.68 - Maximum: $101,062.42