Employed by PAGNY for NYC Health + Hospitals/Metropolitan, located on First Avenue & 97th Street in Manhattan, accommodate over 313,000 outpatient visits, nearly 70,000 emergency room visits and more than 13,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with New York Medical College.
We are seeking a full time Occupational Therapist to support Department of Rehabilitation Medicine:
Under supervision of Chief Occupational Therapy, Occupational Therapist will administer treatment as prescribed by physiatrist.
- Perform thorough occupational therapy assessments/evaluations (including occupational profile and performance) utilizing appropriate methods.
- Provide and implement Occupational therapy interventions such as therapeutic use of occupations, preparatory methods, purposeful activities, education and training, advocacy and group intervention.
- Establishes measurable, realistic goals based on the needs and age of patients. Re- evaluate and modify treatment plan as necessary to achieve optimal outcomes
- Educates patient and/or family regarding the occupational therapy process, treatment plan and prognosis in an appropriate manner.
- Discuss patient treatment and specific problems with OT supervisory personnel.
- Keeps accurate records of patient evaluations, progress, recommendations, and goals.
- Attends rounds and clinics appropriate to area assignment.
- Keeps daily attendance record of patients.
- Participates in clinical teaching as a clinical instructor for OT students.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the patients in both an oral and written fashion.
- Demonstrates commitment to continued professional growth.
- Adheres to the departmental attendance policy.
- All other duties as required by the department.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of Occupational Therapy
- Must be licensed or eligible for licensure in New York State
- Salary: $90,144.19 - $107,126.16
This is an 1199 union position. Benefits will come from 1199.
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
PAGNY has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and, in that spirit, actively encourages applications from groups underrepresented in healthcare
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V