Nurse Practitioner - Palliative Care
|Position type||Regular Full-Time|
NYC Health + Hospitals/South Brooklyn
2601 Ocean Parkway
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals’ wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/South Brooklyn Health (formerly Coney Island Hospital) , located in Southern Brooklyn, accommodates more than 250,000 outpatient visits, more than 89,000 emergency room visits, and with 371 beds, more than 15,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains a strong academic affiliation with SUNY Downstate Medical Center and New York College of Osteopathic Medicine in order to maintain its high standards of healthcare delivery.
We are currently accepting applications or a full-time Nurse Practitioner to work in our Medicine Department Palliative Care Division.
- Identifies and discriminates between physical and psychological signs and symptoms relating to the health status of individuals and families through health and development history taking and physical diagnosis consistent with establishing nursing practice.
- Consistent with established nursing practice, differentiates between normal and abnormal findings in the screening process to detect changes in the health status that require the Physician’s intervention.
- Evaluates and interprets patient data in order to plan and implement appropriate nursing intervention.
- Consults with the Physician for evaluation of findings of the health screening in order to make prospective decisions about treatment.
- Manages the care of selected patients within protocols mutually agreed upon by nursing and medical personnel.
- Records and maintains a system of patient progress notes to plan program management and therapy appropriate to patient’s needs.
- Collaborates with other members of the interdisciplinary team in order to determine, evaluate and attain health goals
- Determines possible alternative settings for providing health care (e.g., home or institution) and initiates referrals.
- Conducts and participates in community clinics for case-finding.
- Provides to patients and families information relating to the application of health status, treatment and progress. Counsels and guides patients and families in order to develop favorable attitudes toward health care and maintenance, and to encourage practices that promote health and well-being and reduce anxiety, stress and disability.
- Provides teaching, guidance and direction to nursing personnel in rendering health care and assists in directing and coordinating nursing activities
- Masters Degree in Nursing
- Current NYS License and registration as a Nurse Practitioner
- Cultural sensitivity to a diverse and under-served patient population
- Covid 19 Vaccination Required
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Medical Malpractice policy coverage
- Salary : $115,000
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V