|Position type||Regular Full-Time|
200 Construction Way, Flushing, NY 11371
Employed by PAGNY for The Division of Correctional Health Services (CHS) of New York City Health + Hospitals (H+H) is responsible for the delivery of medical care, mental health care, and discharge planning in the jail system. Approximately 25% of new admissions per year to the NYC jail system will receive care on the mental health service. This service strives to provide safe, holistic and evidence-based therapeutic interventions for the diverse range of mental health issues that face the population, from serious mental illness to the natural struggles that accompany incarceration. The service provides some of the most comprehensive and unique treatment modalities in the country, including specialty housing units for individuals with serious mental illness, a 24-hour on-call psychiatric service, robust creative arts programming, a strong DBT training program, clinics in each of the facilities, substance use treatment, integrated re- entry services, and relationships with multiple training institutions throughout the city.
Full-Time: Tuesday - Saturday, 6am-2pm
- Orients patients to the unit policies, procedures, rules, regulations and routine schedule
- Utilizes crisis and/or de-escalation intervention practices, when necessary and appropriate, with patient whose behavior cannot be otherwise supported without such interventions
- Identifies patient characteristics and environmental variables that may trigger agitated behavior(s) and communicates such information to the treatment team
- Performs patient’s checks/rounds as required
- Report observations, interactions and patient activity and charts in the EHR
- Communicates clinical matters to assigned Mental Health/DOC or other professional staff as required; reports any unusual findings or changes in physical/medical or emotional conditions to their supervisor that may affect the patient or the therapeutic milieu
- Escorts patient to groups or other required locations as directed
- Participates in staff, departmental and team/committee meetings
- Performs 1:1 monitoring of patients for behavioral management/modification purposes
- Participates in departmental and/or DOC training as required
- May lead or co-lead groups/activities in areas such as anger management techniques and practices, and appropriately documents group activities.
- Responds appropriately to patient emergencies and cooperates with DOC staff when necessary to support the safety of the unit
- Demonstrates a professional appearance and demeanor at all times
- Administers first aid/CPR as needed
- Performs other appropriate mental health duties as directed by team leaders or supervisors
- May perform suicide watch 1:1
- Ability to carry out written and oral instructions
- Ability to establish successful interpersonal relationships with patients and co-workers
- An Associate degree in criminal justice, social services or health related area preferred.
- A High School diploma or a GED and two years of full-time experience in nursing, behavioral health or other related field.
- Or any combination of 1 and 2 above
Exceptional Benefits include:
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service, with 3% company contribution starting day one
- Choice of a three tiered, starting at FREE medical plans starting day one
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage starting day one
- Generous paid time off program
- Healthcare FSA and Dependent FSA
- Salary:$54,112.50 annually
For more information about our incredible benefits click here.
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
PAGNY has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and, in that spirit, actively encourages applications from groups underrepresented in healthcare.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V