|Position type||Regular Full-Time|
200 Construction Way, Flushing, NY 11371
Mental Health Clinician (LMSW, LMHC, LCSW, Psychologist)
Employed by PAGNY for The Division of Correctional Health Services (CHS) of New York City Health + Hospitals (H+H) is responsible for the delivery of medical care, mental health care, and discharge planning in the jail system. Approximately 25% of new admissions per year to the NYC jail system will receive care on the mental health service. This service strives to provide safe, holistic and evidence-based therapeutic interventions for the diverse range of mental health issues that face the population, from serious mental illness to the natural struggles that accompany incarceration. The service provides some of the most comprehensive and unique treatment modalities in the country, including specialty housing units for individuals with serious mental illness, a 24-hour on-call psychiatric service, robust creative arts programming, a strong DBT training program, clinics in each of the facilities, substance use treatment, integrated re- entry services, and relationships with multiple training institutions throughout the city.
Schedule: Full-Time, Monday - Friday, 4pm - 12am (RNDC)
Under the supervision of the Clinical Supervisor and the Mental Health Unit Chief on Rikers Island, the MHC will provide quality mental health care to incarcerated individuals who need and/or want services. This position is responsible for providing assessment and counseling services to inmates.
- Conducts mental health evaluations, crisis intervention, assessments, and follow-up care.
- Determines and coordinates disposition of patients for appropriate level of mental health care
- Coordinates with Reentry Social Workers for appropriate discharge planning services
- Completes required statistical reports.
- Collaborates with the Department of Correction to ensure access to patients, proper housing, and treatment disposition.
- Coordinates patient care with other institutional programs.
- Develops and leads group treatment on mental health observation units and other units as assigned.
- Completes all required documentation.
- Participates in clinical supervision with Clinical Supervisor at least once a week
- Participates in mental health and medical rounds as assigned.
- Participates in case conferences and treatment planning for patients receiving and being considered for mental health treatment.
- May conduct psychological testing as assigned
- May supervise social work interns or student volunteers as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Unit Chief, Assistant Unit Chief, and Clinical Supervisor
This position is unionized through 1199 and granted 1199SEIU benefits.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related field.
- License: New York State License in Social Work, License in Mental Health Counseling, or licensure in Psychology.
Preference given to those applicants with experience conducting both assessment and treatment with adults with behavioral problems, substance use histories and severe mental illness.
Preference will also be given to applicants with inpatient or related experience.
Exceptional Benefits include:
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service, with 3% company contribution starting day one
- Choice of a three tiered, starting at FREE medical plans starting day one
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage starting day one
- Generous paid time off program
- Commuter benefits
- Hiring Salary: $74,275.00 - $91,260 annually
For more information about our incredible benefits click here.
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
PAGNY has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and, in that spirit, actively encourages applications from groups underrepresented in healthcare.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V