Employed by PAGNY for NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County, Kings County Hospital operates a world-renowned Level 1 Trauma Center, one of only three in Brooklyn, which serves 2.6 million residents of Brooklyn and Staten Island. The hospital is academically affiliated with SUNY Downstate Medical Center and trains their medical students and OBGYN residents.
Kings County is located in the East Flatbush/Prospect-Lefferts section of Brooklyn, close to the 2 and 5 subways. Our patients are diverse, with the majority being Afro-Caribbean. Most of our patients are native English speakers. Knowledge of French/Haitian Creole is helpful, but not required.
We are looking for for a full time Medical Dosimetrist to work on a hybrid schedule at our Kings County location.
- Prepare computerized plans for radiation therapy patients (EBRT and Brachytherapy)
- Under the direction on the chief physicist, assures compliance with all radiation safety and protection regulations and requirements
- Participates in interdisciplinary health team conferences to assess patients and family's needs and plans patient care programs
- Actively participates in CQl/Pl program and activities
- Check patient's charts to assure the prescribed delivery of radiation
- Maintains clinical competence by attending continuing education programs
- Ensures proper operation and maintenance of patient management equipment
- Certified by MDCB (or must get obtain certification within one year of employment)
- Bachelors Degree
- Experience preferred
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required prior to hire
Exceptional Benefits include:
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service, with 3% company contribution starting day one
- Choice of a three tiered, starting at FREE medical plans starting day one
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage starting day one
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Occurrence-based Medical Malpractice policy coverage
- Salary Amount : $140,000 + $10,000 Sign On Bonus
For more information about our incredible benefits click here
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
PAGNY has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and, in that spirit, actively encourages applications from groups underrepresented in healthcare
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V