|Position type||Regular Full-Time|
200 Construction Way, Flushing, NY 11371
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals’ wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
PAGNY has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and, in that spirit, actively encourages applications from groups underrepresented in healthcare.
With approximately 65,000 admissions per year and 10,000 average daily population, the NYC jail system is among the largest in the nation. The Division of Correctional Health Services (CHS) of New York City Health + Hospitals (H+H) is responsible for the delivery of medical care, mental health care, and discharge planning in the jail system. Approximately 25% of new admissions per year to the NYC jail system will receive care on the mental health service. This service strives to provide safe, holistic and evidence-based therapeutic interventions for the diverse range of mental health issues that face the population, from serious mental illness to the natural struggles that accompany incarceration. The service provides some of the most comprehensive and unique treatment modalities in the country, including specialty housing units for individuals with serious mental illness, a 24-hour on-call psychiatric service, robust creative arts programming, a strong DBT training program, clinics in each of the facilities, substance use treatment, integrated re-entry services, and relationships with multiple training institutions throughout the city.
The Licensed Practical Nurse cares for people who are sick, injured, convalescent or disabled. They participate in the planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care, based on the objectives, standards and policies of practical nursing.
LPNs work under the direction of a Registered Nurse and/or Physicians at Rikers Island facilities.
Five days a Week, Alternate Weekends, Full-Time, Day Tour 8am-4pm
- Provides basic bedside care
- Maintains comfortable, orderly, safe and clean environment for patients
- Measures & records patients vital signs (such as height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration)
- Assists with bathing, dressing and personal hygiene of patient
- Prepares and gives injections and enemas
- Monitors catheters
- Records food/fluid input/output
- Dresses wounds
- Assists with bed positioning, standing and walking of patients,
- Collects samples of blood and/or urine for testing
- Performs routine laboratory tests as directed by supervisor
- Prepares and administers (orally, subcutaneously, through an IV) and records prescribed medications.
- Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments in accordance with the policy regarding the administration of medications by a LPN.
- Assists in relevant health teaching for patient
- Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms/templates
- Performs other position related duties as assigned, depending on assignment setting
- Accredited High School Diploma or GED required.
- Graduate of an accredited LPN program.
- Current LPN license, in good standing with the State Licensing Board.
- Minimum of one year LPN experience preferred.
- BCLS Certificate.
- Infection Control Certificate.
- Please be advised that proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required prior to hire
Salary: $63,147.24 - $67,646.28
This position will require a background check, security clearance and/or drug screening. PAGNY is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status.