|Position type||Regular Full-Time|
NYC Health + Hospitals/North Central Bronx
3424 Kossuth Avenue
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals’ wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi, located in the Bronx, accommodates more than 325,000 outpatient visits, more than 100,000 emergency room visits and more than 20,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital is renowned for The Trauma Center, staffed to treat any traumatic injury or illness, the fully accredited Breast Health Center, and The Burn Center, with more than 40 years of work in burn care. The hospital also serves patients of many other needs. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with Albert Einstein Medical College of Yeshiva University.
The Hospital Responder is a full-time employee who will be working in a hospital setting with violent trauma victims. The HR will be working with high-risk gang/crew members who have been victims of violence with the goal of preventing future incidents of violence from occurring. Hours: Tuesday- Saturday 3pm-11pm
• Work on a team with a medical doctor and social worker to provide comprehensive response services to all victims of violence who present at Jacobi• Support patients at a critical moment in their lives, often right after a near-death situation• Counsel patients about safety planning and high risk behaviors• Follow-up with patients at trauma clinic for further support and services as necessary and document interactions• Provide patients with opportunities to attend program events and therapeutic groups. This includes maintaining a sufficient caseload of "targeted" patients at any given time• Facilitate referrals for patients to mental health, educational, and vocational services• Attend weekly staff meetings, hospital, and other meetings as required by the supervisor and leadership team• Promote hospital-based program in the community during program events and shooting responses• Provide patients with assistance completing crime victims' applications• Any other relevant duties as assigned
- Seen as "credible" amongst the gang/crew members in the community; those with a prior history of criminal justice involvement are encouraged to apply
- Knowledge of specific high-risk individuals, gangs, and crews within the target areas ( 43, 4 7, 49 precincts)
- Experience working in the social services field
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required prior to hire