Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals’ wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Harlem, located on 135th Street in Manhattan, is a designated Level 1 Trauma Center and is recognized for providing centers of excellence in the areas of Bariatric Surgery, Breast Imaging and Sexual Assault Forensics. Our teams provide services for nearly 213,000 outpatient visits, more than 83,000 emergency room visits and over 13,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with Columbia University Medical Center.
PAGNY has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and, in that spirit, actively encourages applications from groups underrepresented in healthcare.
GRANT FUNDED: The Family Care Center at Harlem Hospital Center/PAGNY is a hospital based multi-disciplinary program that provides medical and mental health services to HIV/AIDS infected infants, children, adolescents and adults. We are seeking a Health Educator/Medical Case Manager.
The Health Educator's primary responsibilities will be:
- HIV/AIDS education to prevent STI transmission and to promote healthy living among patients enrolled in the program.
- Education will be implemented with structured and empirically validated group activities.
- Will assist in developing benchmarks and evaluation tools for the interventions. As health educator - will assist in formally assessing all clients on health literacy, and health literacy level will be included in the multidisciplinary case conference in order for the staff to develop more appropriate treatment plans for clients.
- Will also assist in providing behavioral and adherence counseling for clients enrolled in the program.
- Will also assist with medical case management - will complete comprehensive initial assessments and six month face-to-face comprehensive reassessment of client’s case management needs.
- A case management plan will be developed for each client, which will be updated quarterly. Will make home visits, accompany clients to service delivery sites and serve as an advocate within the educational systems.
- Responsibilities will also involve referrals/linkages to in-kind services, onsite and off-site as specified by needs identified in assessments.
- Will also be part of the quality management team attending quality management program meetings to review the quality management program, update quality improvement projects, revisit quality goals and indicators, and plan for sharing findings with the broader team.
- Will attend weekly interdisciplinary care-coordination meetings and collaborate with primary medical providers for treatment planning.
- Master's Degree with at least one year of experience providing health education.
- or a Bachelor's degree with a major in the biological, social sciences or in education or equivalent in education and experience, and have at least 2 years’ experience working with adolescents and/or adults living with HIV.
- Ability to work in high volume outpatient environment and work independently.
- Must be a self-starter who can work autonomously and with a team.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills to be able to work with cross-divisional and cross departmental staff. Good computer skills – knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
- All positions are subject to a background check.
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Salary Amount : $60,000
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V