Director, Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine
|Position type||Regular Full-Time|
|Department||Pulmonary/Critical Care Medicine|
1400 Pelham Parkway South
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi, located in the Bronx, accommodates more than 325,000 outpatient visits, more than 100,000 emergency room visits and more than 20,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital is renowned for The Trauma Center, staffed to treat any traumatic injury or illness, the fully accredited Breast Health Center, and The Burn Center, with more than 40 years of work in burn care. The hospital also serves patients of many other needs. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with Albert Einstein Medical College of Yeshiva University.
NYC Health + Hospitals/North Central Bronx handles more than 156,000 outpatient visits, more than 50,000 emergency room visits and more than 7,500 admissions annually in the 232-bed facility. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with the James J. Peters VA Medical Center.
PAGNY has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and, in that spirit, actively encourages applications from groups underrepresented in healthcare.
We are currently recruiting for a Director of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine to join our leadership team. The Director will oversee both the Pulmonary and Critical Care Departments at both Jacobi Medical Center and North Central Bronx Hospital.
Under the direction of the Chairperson, manages and provides clinical direction, leadership, oversight, and evaluation of all aspects and all levels of medical staff performance, clinical services, and medical education provided by members within the Division. The Director must deliver accredited medical services that meet all medical standards required by law, including but not limited to physician performance, productivity and clinical outcomes, metrics and quality assurance measures, and standards developed within the department and by the Affiliated Healthcare Setting. Performs full range of administrative/operational responsibilities to ensure the efficient achievement of department goals.
- Assists the department Chair with all processes and initiatives. Plans join programs and procedures with other departments for coordinating services.
- Acts as direct Supervisor for Attendings within area of service. Provides clinical administrative guidance and consultative direction to medical staff within division or service area.
- Engages in strategic planning with hospital executives and clinical leadership to develop programming within own area of specialty or discipline, in line with hospital or site strategic plans.
- Maintains the highest level of professionalism and function within the Behavioral Code of Conduct and Bylaws of the Healthcare Setting. Furthers department goals; Serves as a part of department leadership.
- Determines the qualifications and competence of department personnel who perform medical services. Remains current and maintains knowledge of current Patient Safety Requirements. Establishes mechanisms for orienting and providing in-service training for new staff within the department.
- Fosters the academic development of staff within area of purview. Participates in medical educational meetings to improve and provide continuous quality care to patients.
- Performs regular and appropriate assessments of physicians ensuring competencies and standards are maintained. Intervenes and remediates, as appropriate, in conjunction with the Chair.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited medical school
- Board Certification or Eligibility in Pulmonary and Critical Care
- Current NYS license (or the ability to obtain one)
- Prior leadership experience highly desired
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
Please note proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required prior to hire
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V