Employed by PAGNY for NYC Health + Hospitals/Harlem, located on 135th Street in Manhattan, is a designated Level 1 Trauma Center and is recognized for providing centers of excellence in the areas of Bariatric Surgery, Breast Imaging and Sexual Assault Forensics. Our teams provide services for nearly 213,000 outpatient visits, more than 83,000 emergency room visits and over 13,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with Columbia University Medical Center.
- The DC will maintain financial reports for the DM, related to budget monitoring and tracking expenses. Will assist the DM with the preparation of the annual department budget analyzing historical trends etc. that will help inform budget generation.
- Will assist in analysis of the monthly reports received by PIJyCare to help identify trends related to department performance.
- The incumbent will maintain effort reporting, (time sheets) ensures accurate completion by the faculty on a monthly basis and compares actual hours by faculty to expected hours.
- The DC will ensure timely submission of the time sheets to the Affiliation Office. To the extent necessary, the DC will maintain active communications with the physicians and encourage timely completion of the required effort reports.
- The incumbent will maintain the monthly clinical schedule for all department faculty; maintain record of all scheduled clinic sessions and will coordinate with the monthly provider schedule to ensure coverage, assisting the DM to identify potential vacancies. Will also maintain ongoing communication with the Harlem Department of Ambulatory Care. The DC will develop and maintain the department schedule required for HHC reporting for all faculty and staff.
- In coordination with the Department Manager, will facilitate all new hire paperwork for administrative and provider personnel.
- The DC facilitates all credentialing paperwork and enrollment with managed care plans through PhyCare for all physicians and mid level providers; assists in faculty recruitment efforts; scheduling candidate visits, coordinating candidate's site visit accommodations etc. and maintains a log of required provider compliance training.
- The DC will assist the DM with all faculty recruitment activities, including but not limited to: placement of ads for the respective positions, coordination of all applications, facilitation of departmental Interviews, completion of all necessary paperwork, e.g. affirmative action, etc.
- The DC will ensure a smooth on-boarding process for all new faculty hires, ensuring that required credentialing is completed for hospital privileges.
- Assists the DM and collaborates with HHC and HH Facilities and Space Management Staff to maintain facilities and space for the department and maintains information for the DM to monitor and oversee departmental space and equipment inventories.
- Responsible for generating, maintaining, and distributing statistical reports related to the operating room, including but not limited to, case volume, cancellations, delays, and utilization.
- In addition, creates operating room schedules when necessary and functions as an alternate for entering post operating room data into the operating room system.Weekdays 10am - 6pm
- Bachelor's degree
Exceptional Benefits Include:
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service, with 3% company contribution starting day one
- Choice of a three tiered, starting at FREE medical plans starting day one
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage starting day one
- Generous paid time off program
- Salary Amount: $55,146
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
PAGNY has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and, in that spirit, actively encourages applications from groups underrepresented in healthcare
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V