Audiologist - Rehab - Per Diem
|Position type||Per Diem|
NYC Health + Hospitals/South Brooklyn
2601 Ocean Parkway
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals’ wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/South Brooklyn Health (formerly Coney Island Hospital), located in Southern Brooklyn, accommodates more than 250,000 outpatient visits, more than 89,000 emergency room visits, and with 371 beds, more than 15,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains a strong academic affiliation with SUNY Downstate Medical Center and New York College of Osteopathic Medicine in order to maintain its high standards of healthcare delivery.
PAGNY is recruiting for a Part Time/Per Diem Audiologist for our Rehabilitation Department.
- Administers wide variety of audiological tests to determine patient’s hearing level to patients of all age groups.
- Performs newborn hearing screening
- Anticipates degree of social disability due to hearing loss, predicts potential benefits to hearing aid use and/or special training and provides appropriate referrals.
- Administers ABR and Video-Nystagmogram (ENG) examinations including detailed questionnaire and battery of tests to evaluate auditory and vestibular system. Reads, interprets, prepares and sends tracings to referring physician.
- Counsels patient and family regarding results of testing and recommendations; confers with medical staff regarding audiological and vestibular problems and makes recommendations regarding appropriate patient referral and management.
- Prepares reports on diagnostic findings and ensures reports are distributed appropriately as authorized by patient or patient’s family.
- Monitors inventory and initiates replacement orders to maintain operating supply level.
- Ensures supplies are properly stored.
- Performs related duties, as required.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience required, experience with various balance assessments and disorders preferred.
- Master’s Degree in Audiology required. Doctorate Degree, preferred.
- Current NYS Audiology license
- American Speech Language and Hearing Association Certificate of Clinical Competency
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required prior to hire
Salary: $525 per session
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V