|Position type||Regular Full-Time|
NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County
451 Clarkson Avenue
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals’ wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County, located in the heart of Brooklyn, accommodate more than 518,076 outpatient visits, more than 141,328 emergency room visits, and with 627 beds, more than 25,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains a strong academic affiliation with SUNY Downstate Medical Center in order to maintain its high standards of healthcare delivery.
Kings County is located in the East Flatbush/Prospect-Lefferts section of Brooklyn, close to the 2 and 5 subways. Our patients are diverse, with the majority being Afro-Caribbean. Most of our patients are native English speakers. Knowledge of French/Haitian Creole is helpful, but not required.
A full time Plastic Surgeon is required to fulfill several needs and exploit revenue-generating opportunities in numerous areas within Kings County Hospital's Department of Surgery.
- Preforms the most difficult and highly specialized professional surgical work in his/her field or specialty
- Direct patient care
- Supervision/teaching/guidance of house staff and other members of the surgical/medical team
- Attends weekly staff conferences
- Assist in the maintenance of standard of performance of physicians and of other professional employees working in service
- Preforms related work as required or as directed by the Chief of Service or Director of Service
- Takes appropriate precautions while maintaining patient and staff confidentiality
- Takes the necessary precaution to ensure patient safety
- Takes necessary precautions to ensure the organizations patient safety goals
- Graduated from approved Medical School
- Completion of approved residency in the specialty
- Board Eligible
- Licensed to practice in New York State
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Medical Malpractice policy coverage
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V