|Position type||Regular Full-Time|
200 Construction Way, Flushing, NY 11371
Employed by PAGNY for The Division of Correctional Health Services (CHS) of New York City Health + Hospitals (H+H) is responsible for the delivery of medical care, mental health care, and discharge planning in the jail system. Approximately 25% of new admissions per year to the NYC jail system will receive care on the mental health service. This service strives to provide safe, holistic and evidence-based therapeutic interventions for the diverse range of mental health issues that face the population, from serious mental illness to the natural struggles that accompany incarceration. The service provides some of the most comprehensive and unique treatment modalities in the country, including specialty housing units for individuals with serious mental illness, a 24-hour on-call psychiatric service, robust creative arts programming, a strong DBT training program, clinics in each of the facilities, substance use treatment, integrated re- entry services, and relationships with multiple training institutions throughout the city.
Part Time, Evening Tour 4PM -12AM (Float)
Under the direction of the Site Medical Director the highly trained Physician we seek will provide clinical care and triage, as well as other medical services to our patients. He/she/they/them will also supervise a team of Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners at Rikers Island facilities.
- Completing comprehensive histories and physicals on all new admissions including completion of master problem list (MPL) with diagnosis, lab, and EKG contraindication form and medication list where applicable
- Performing S.O.A.P. notes on patients requesting sick call, schedule follow-ups and update medication orders. Update any deficiencies on the MPL
- Diagnosing and treating acute and chronic illness
- Evaluating the need for consult services and submitting the prioritized consult when indicated
- Reviewing all on island/off-island specialty consult clinic and hospital returns. Evaluates the recommendations to ensure that the standard of care is met and implements the recommendations of the consultant
- Responding to emergencies and fire drills on a priority basis and in a timely and professional manner
- Being familiar with performance indicators (P.I.) and taking appropriate measures to comply with these standards
- Performing chart reviews and summaries on all transfers. Updates the MPL, rewrites medication orders and resubmits consults as needed
- Requesting radiology exams, lab-tests, and EKG’s when indicated and interpreting these results in conjunction with the patient’s clinical status
- Notifying Urgicare for 3 hour/EMS runs
- Completing and submitting all encounter forms on a daily basis
- Witnesses, signs and documents patient healthcare refusals
- Generating medical modifications as needed
- Maintaining clinical competency by reviewing PHS protocols, current medical literature and C.M.E.’s
- Providing clinical supervision for P.A.’s/N.P.’s which includes co-signing of notes and medication orders
- Ensuring that standard of care is maintained
- Adhering to policies and procedures of CHS and be familiar with them by reviewing them as needed
- Attending all mandatory in-services
- Complying with and maintaining Employee Health requirements
This position is located on Rikers Island.
- Medical doctor with 3 to 5 years of directly related experience, which may include residency in a directly related medical specialty
- Registered to practice medicine in the State of New York and have Federal DEA, BCLS or ACLS, and Infection Control Certification, Medical Specialty License or Certification
- Board Certified in Specified Area of Medical Specialty
- Board Eligibility (You must be Board Certified within five (5) years of the completion of your Post-graduateTraining. If hired before 5 years of completion is up, you will be terminated if not Board Certified by the 5th year.)
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination will be required prior to hire
Exceptional Benefits include:
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service, with 3% company contribution starting day one
- Choice of a three tiered, starting at FREE medical plans starting day one
- Excellent dental insurance
- Generous paid time off program
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Occurrence-based Medical Malpractice policy coverage
- Rate: $98.56 - $103.37 per hour
For more information about our incredible benefits Click here.
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
PAGNY has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and, in that spirit, actively encourages applications from groups underrepresented in healthcare.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V